Free Things to Do in Key West
Your Florida vacation doesn’t have to break the bank; save on your upcoming getaway with Rent Key West Vacations! Take advantage of all the free things to do in Key West, from strolling down iconic Duval Street to soaking up the sun at our beautiful beaches. In addition to free activities on the island, many of our vacation rentals are part of larger condominiums so that you can enjoy elevated amenities like swimming pools, tennis courts, and fitness centers. Pack your bags, leave your worries behind, and get ready to discover a budget-friendly vacation in Key West!
Discover Free Things to Do on Duval Street
Duval Street runs the entire distance of the island and offers a plethora of free activities:
- Start at the South End of Duval Street and take a picture together at the Southernmost Point.
- Use the free self-guided walking tour to learn about all the notable attractions on Duval Street.
- End your day at Mallory Square and join the free Sunset Celebration, full of entertainment, live music, and food vendors.
Free Activities at Key West Beaches
Spend a day at the public beaches in Key West and enjoy free activities the whole family will enjoy:
- Visit Smathers Beach, offering a half mile of soft sand with amenities like beach volleyball nets, restrooms, and shower facilities.
- Visit Clarence S. Higgs Memorial Beach Park and enjoy swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing, beach volleyball, tennis, pickleball, and children’s playgrounds.
- Head across the street from Memorial Beach and visit the Key West Garden Club at West Martello. Explore a former Civil War fort and several gardens home to an impressive collection of rare and exotic plants!
More Free Things to Do in Key West
Looking for more free things to do in Key West? Here are a few more activities found throughout the island:
- Visit the Key West Historic Seaport and stroll past world-class dining, shopping, live music, and museums. Enjoy free admission to the Key West Turtle Museum and the Fort Jefferson Museum.
- Spend time at the historic Key West Cemetery and learn about the fascinating stories of our past residents with a self-guided tour.
- Learn about the diverse ecosystems and maritime history at the free Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center. Or visit the Key West Wildlife Center and discover migratory birds on the nature trail.
Key West Vacation Rentals for Every Budget
Book your getaway with Rent Key West Vacations and enjoy all the free things to do in Key West near your rental home. Browse our collection of Key West vacation rentals and find the perfect property for your group. Please contact our reservations specialist at 1-800-833-7368 to customize your Key West getaway today!