Celebrate Freedom in Key West
Key West's Conch Republic Independence Celebration is a fun annual event that honors our eccentric community with 10 days of fun races and parties. Every April, people come from all over to celebrate the independence of Key West and the entire Florida Keys.
The History of the Conch Republic
The Conch Republic was formed in response to actions by the US Border Patrol and the main goal of the Conch Republic is to bring Humor, Warmth, and Respect to the world. The motto is, "We Seceded Where Others Failed!" On April 23rd, every year, people gather to honor the 1982 formation of the Conch Republic.
Conch Republic Festival - 2020 Schedule is Yet to Be Determined
Here's last year's schedule:
Please note that the schedule may change as we get closer to the event.
- 4/19: Official 2019 Kick-Off Party and Conch Shell Blowing Contest - 7pm - Schooner Wharf
- 4/20: Royal Family Elections & Investiture Party - 6pm - Southernmost House Hotel
- 4/23: Conch Republic Indepedence Day Ceremony & Flag Raising - KW FIre Department Simonton & Angela
- 4/23: Conch Replublic Military Muster 6-8PM - Gardens Hotel
- 4/24: Hot Havana Night Party of the Year! Hot! Hot! Hot! 7-11pm - Turtle Kraals
- 4/25: The Conch Republic's "World's Longest Parade"& After-Party & Awards Ceremony - 8PM - parade start at Duval & United, party at Schooner Wharf Bar
- 4/26: Conch Republic Naval Parade & "Great Battle of teh Conch Republic" Re-enactment - 7pm
- 4/26: Conch Republic Celebration Victory Party and Surrender Ceremony of the Great Sea Battle - 9pm