Celebrate Freedom in Key West
Key West's Conch Republic Independence Celebration is a fun annual event that honors our eccentric community with 10 days of fun races and parties. Every April, people come from all over to celebrate the independence of Key West and the entire Florida Keys.
The History of the Conch Republic
The Conch Republic was formed in response to actions by the US Border Patrol and the main goal of the Conch Republic is to bring Humor, Warmth, and Respect to the world. The motto is, "We Seceded Where Others Failed!" On April 23rd, every year, people gather to honor the 1982 formation of the Conch Republic.
Conch Republic Festival - 2019 Schedule
Please note that the schedule may change as we get closer to the event.
- 4/21: Kick-Off Part and Conch Shell Blowing Contest - 7pm - Schooner Wharf
- 4/25: Captains' Meeting for the Bloody Sea Battle - 9pm - Schooner Wharf Upper Deck
- 4/27: Conch Republic Independence Celebration Parade Party & Awards Ceremony - 9pm
- 4/28: Conch Republic Celebration Victory Party and Surrender Ceremony of the Great Sea Battle - 9pm
- 4/20: Conch Republic Independence Day Celebration Pirates' Ball & Pig Roast and Pirate Costume Competition - 7pm